Sunday, June 03, 2007

pride

Its June so that means pride season is upon us. This is going to be my first time going and to be perfectly honest I'm nervous, I'm anxious, I'm scared...I'm feeling a mix of so many emotions. I talked about it with my best friend and she definitely helped me process a lot of my feelings. So I'm feeling a lot more at ease about the whole thing. But what's beginning to weigh on me is the fact that I'm not really out, there are still a lot of people who don't know that I'm a lesbian, a lot of my family members, friends from undergrad. One of my friend's from undergrad came out not so long ago and put it up on facebook, and myspace, and I'm not brave enough to do that. I'm mad at myself because I feel like I don't have any pride. One of my friends just put this picture up as their profile pic on myspace and I really like it and want to put it up somewhere, but doing that would out me and thats scary. I want to be more out, but I feel like I rushed it in a lot of ways already and I wasn't ready for the conversations that had to come after me coming out. I've realized that coming out is definitely a process and its overwhelming at times. Sometimes I feel like I'm watching my life spin out of control. I'm such a planner, and coming out wasn't a part of my initial plan. I'm so confused I feel like I'm at an impass, I don't know where to go from here.

No comments:

“I remember how being young and black and gay and lonely felt. A lot of it was fine, feeling I had the truth and the light and the key, but a lot of it was purely hell.” ~Audre Lorde