Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I have the BEST best friend in the world

this is the response from my absolutely wonderful, amazing best friend! I just want the whole world to know that I do indeed have the BEST best friend ever. This almost made me cry and I DON'T cry.

Hello wife,

So you almost made me cry at work, which would have been really difficult to explain to the boss *giggle*, but that's besides the point. I know we talked a little this morning and there's still worlds of words left to say, but I just wanted you to know a couple of things.

1) I'm proud of you. Of your ability, of your strength, of your humility, of your passion. I'm proud to call you my best friend.
2) I will always be there for you as long as I have breath. (cuz if I'm not breathing, I'm sorry, but I can only watch from heaven)
3) I love you. And this is perhaps the most important thing to remember when you think about our friendship.

A simple list, but an important one nonetheless. I imagine that this must have been hard for you all this time, but at least you know that from this day forward, you don't have to do it alone.


(p.s. hello blog world, meet my best friend, treat her well)

1 comment:

ben said...

:) This totally made my day. Coming out, for all the nervous anticipation, can be an awesome experience...i'm *so* glad that this went so well.

“I remember how being young and black and gay and lonely felt. A lot of it was fine, feeling I had the truth and the light and the key, but a lot of it was purely hell.” ~Audre Lorde