Sunday, February 28, 2010

Questions on my mind

Random late night questions:
It's damn near 1:30am and these are some of the questions keeping me up right now. I just figured if I got them out of my system maybe the answers would become clear.

  • How do you feel safe doing everyday average things, when that safety has been violated?
  • Do you ever feel safe letting someone you care about out of your sight after they've been hurt?
  • When you feel pain so deeply because of someone else's trauma how do you keep it inside so you don't pull them back down with you?
  • Is it ever going to be safe to be a woman in this world?

No comments:

“I remember how being young and black and gay and lonely felt. A lot of it was fine, feeling I had the truth and the light and the key, but a lot of it was purely hell.” ~Audre Lorde