Monday, November 30, 2009

Bad Videos

So I currently have no job, but it looks like that might possibly be changing (I have an interview on Wednesday!) So I stay up late and I watch a lot of vh1 soul, and on this one night I happened to catch this episode of soul school where they played only old videos and can I say WOW there were some pretty bad videos. Here's a sampling

Let's start out with Sheena Easton "The Lover in me"

She already can't dance, but she also has the weirdest expression throughout the whole video which I can only guess is the sexy face. Oh you can't forget the random girl pour water all over herself. She's wet, you get it ::Black girl Eye roll::


Then we have the Whispers "Keep on Lovin' me"



Which is more like your dad and uncles strolling around.... I really love it lol



But the creme de la creme of bad videos has to be "Ice Cream Castles" by the Time
Not only is the video bad, but the song is just as horrible. My favorite line "You are white, I am of color" sung by the Pimp lead singer to the white girls bopping around in the background. Don't forget the white girls playing patty cake in matching outfits. I wasn't sure if this was the time or Flash and the Ebony Sparks.

1 comment:

TYR said...

Good luck with the interview!

“I remember how being young and black and gay and lonely felt. A lot of it was fine, feeling I had the truth and the light and the key, but a lot of it was purely hell.” ~Audre Lorde