Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election Day!!!


I know you probably had 10 million blogposts about the election but its exciting. So I came back from Brooklyn today to Connecticut to vote. I got up at 7am with my mom, sister and mom's boyfriend. We waited for about 30 minutes, so the wait wasn't too bad. My best friend waited for 2 hours in the Bronx, but she said it was worth it and is excited. I'm so excited and nervous, because everything looks good and Barack should win, but we all know that when it comes to POC what should happen rarely does. So I'm nervous, but hopeful. What was your voting experience like?

1 comment:

Jason Hughes said...

I expected to wait in line--I even brought a lawn chair with me!

But it took all of 5 minutes...

No party at the polls here in Podunk, PA...

But the state still went BLUE!!! Yeah!!!

“I remember how being young and black and gay and lonely felt. A lot of it was fine, feeling I had the truth and the light and the key, but a lot of it was purely hell.” ~Audre Lorde